Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Haven't Forgotten About This Thing!!!

I'm sure you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats wondering when I'd make my next post, so for that, I'm sorry for the terrible lack of posts to my new blog. But there's a reason I've been away. Two actually.

1) My friend Lorraine has designed an AMAZING new look for my blog, I'm so excited to post it, but it's turning out to be more complicated than I expected. Not that I can't post with the current look, but the new one just puts it to shame. To my techy/designers friends, I may be hitting you up for advice on how to do this.

2) The MAIN reason I've not been posting...I have to get glasses. I made it almost 33 years without them, but over the past few months I've noticed reading and computer work (the worst culprit) has been really straining my eyes. I spend 30 minutes on the computer and suffer from terrible eye strain, headaches and almost feel a little nauseous...and it lasts pretty much the rest of the day. It just makes me miserable. I went to the eye doc and she confirmed I'm mildly farsighted and gave me a prescription for my first pair of Spectacular Spectacles (for those of you whose little girls read "Fancy Nancy"). I picked out a pair last weekend and now I'm just waiting for them to get in. They can't come soon enough! I miss working on the computer and I'm starting to feel really lonely without my online connections. I know the glasses probably won't bring immediate relief, but they'll put me on track. I'll post a picture of me and my Spectacular Spectacles when I get them. Until then, sit tight. I'll begin writing again soon, as soon as doing so doesn't make me feel so crappy.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get the glasses thing. I thought maybe I had superior genetics, but the joke's on me because now I have to ask my contact-wearing husband to read things for me. I can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete